Reduced costs for hospitals, improved outcomes for patients. It’s a win-win.
If you are considering purchasing DermaClose for your hospital, the information below will help you make an informed decision. DermaClose is the only controlled-force, self-tightening, continuous external tissue expander. It safely and effectively facilitates rapid tissue movement to reduce or re-approximate wounds.
DermaClose is also an innovative alternative (or adjunct) to split thickness skin grafts, negative pressure wound therapy, and other complex procedures for achieving primary closure of complex wounds.
Albany Medical Center Study:
A recent study of 28 patients with fasciotomy wounds found that DermaClose:
- Successfully achieved delayed primary closure in 93% of patients
- Average time to closure 5 days
- No intraoperative or long-term complications were reported
Walter Reed Study:
Similarly, a study in 14 blast victims with significant tissue trauma at Walter Reed found that with DermaClose:
- 86% achieved wound closure with delayed primary closure vs 14% who required split thickness skin grafting
- Average time to closure was 4.4 days in wounds averaging 263 cm2
- There were no major complications reported
- The ability to combine DermaClose with negative pressure therapy enabled wound decontamination and closure to be achieved simultaneously
Plus DermaClose has been used in over 11,500 cases to date, with 30 case studies
- Cosmetic surgery
- Reconstructive surgical procedures
- Trauma, such as wounds associated with broken bones
- Skin cancer surgery or removal of large tumors
- Infections that cause a large amount of skin loss
- Pressure ulcers or diabetic wounds that won’t heal
- Any surgical procedure that requires a skin graft to heal
Typically one DermaClose is used per each 10 cm of length of the wound. For wounds that are 10 cm or more wide it is recommended to use one DermaClose XL per 10 cm of length.
• Chronic pain (rarely)
• Loss of grafted skin (the graft not healing, or the graft healing slowly)
• Reduced or lost skin sensation, or increased sensitivity
• Skin discoloration
• Uneven skin surface
DermaClose is proud to help our customers find the right coding and reimbursement information. The tools provided are for informational purposes only. For any questions regarding reimbursement, please contact our Director of Reimbursement services at 1-800-946-9012 ext. 5 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.